Horningsea, Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire UK|
I'm selling my lovely narrowboat, Wildflower as I'm expecting to have to relocate at short notice to a canal-free area of the country later on in the year!If interested, feel free to get in touch!
I'm currently moored very near to Cambridge (at Horningsea) and there is a possibility of selling the boat on its current mooring (subject to the landlady's approval of the new buyer!).
**New survey** done May 2021- baseplate will need a repair so price can be negotiated- get in touch to discuss and get a good deal :)
|Builder:||Hancock & Lane|
|Make:||Hancock & Lane|
|Model:||52 Cruiser Stern|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Barrus Shire 12 40|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||52'|
|Maximum draft:||2' 6"|
- 6 berths (double bed in cabin, sofa bed in living room, and convertible dining table/bed in kitchen area)
- Built 1979 by Hancock & Lane, so good quality British steel hull and superstructure- 10mm, 6mm, 4mm (bottom, sides, roof thickness)
- 52 ft in length
- cruiser stern
- hull blacked by me in 2019
- hull surveyed and overplated by previous owner in 2016.
- Huge windows- let a lot of light in.
- Very big well-deck (front porch) with front cover I got fitted in 2019) so a lot of storage space - there is also a fridge in here which will need to be wired in if you so desire.
Exterior paintjob could do with a touch up in some areas and I was going to do that this year, but since I bought it I've prioritised keeping the hull in good shape and making the indoors optimally livable and comfortable.
- gas oven with 4 hobs
- Morco gas boiler serving sink in kitchen, and basin and powerful shower in bathroom.
- Central heating, which runs off back boiler on a Morsø Squirrel log burner.
- Enormous 12v battery bank (6 2v ex-forklift cells).
- 2x 250w solar panels I installed last year.
- battery charger to use with generator (though only needed in depths of winter when little light!)
- Usb charging ports installed by me in bedroom and living room.
- 600w inverter and AC sockets throughout boat
- Integrated Pioneer sound system.
- Portable twin-tub washing machine, which I run off generator in winter, inverter in summer).
- Barrus Shire (Yanmar) diesel engine.
- Only installed in 2013.
- Only clocked up 1065 hours.
- Boat safety certificate due June 2022
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.